Thomas J. Schoenbeck
Director, Central Region
Mr. Schoenbeck was selected to the Senior Executive Service in April 2008 and assumed his current position as the Region Director, Installation Management Command, Central Region in June 2013. As Director, he is responsible for management and execution of all installation management programs at active and reserve component US Army installations in 26 states ranging from Ohio to the West Coast. From April 2011 to June 2013, he was the Vice Director of the Army Staff/Director of Management of the Army Staff, Office of the Chief of Staff of the Army, Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, D.C.
• Nov 2009 – Mar 2011: Executive Director, DCG A&T, U.S. Forces Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq.
• Apr 2008 - Nov 2009: Director Enterprise Support, United States Southern Command, Miami, FL.
• Aug 2003 – Apr 2008: Deputy Chief of Staff, United States Southern Command, Miami, FL.
• May 2002 – Jul 2003: Chief of Staff, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, KY and Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• Aug 2000 – May 2002: Brigade Commander, 1st Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, KY.
• June 1998 – Jul 2000: Readiness Division Chief, J1, United States Central Command, MacDill, Air Force Base, FL.
• Jul 1997 – May 1998: Student, Air War College, Maxwell, Air Force Base, AL.
• Jul 1995 – Jun 1997: Battalion Commander, 1st Battalion 87th Infantry, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, NY.
• BS, Police Administration, Eastern Kentucky University, 1985
• Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS, 1990
• Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL, 1998
• National Securities Studies Program, George Washington University, Elliott School of International Affairs, 2008
• National Response Framework, Emergency Management Institute, 2008
AWARDS AND HONORS:
• Defense Superior Service Medal (2 awards)
• Army Legion of Merit
• Bronze Star
• Meritorious Service Medal (8 Awards)
• Joint Civilian Service Commendation Award
CSM Melissa A. Judkins
Command Sergeant Major, Central Region
Command Sergeant Major Melissa A. Judkins has been the highest-ranking noncommissioned officer in the U.S. Army Installation Management Command Central Region since March 2015.
She previously served as command sergeant major for U.S. Army Garrison Rock Island Arsenal; Headquarters and Headquarters Battalion, XVIII Airborne Corps, Fort Bragg; and the 94th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th IBCT,10th Mountain Division, Fort Polk. CSM Judkins deployed with the 94th BSB to Afghanistan, 2010-2011.
CSM Judkins also served as a sergeant major in the Human Resources Command and the U.S. Army Office of Military Support in Washington, DC. She has also served in personnel services positions at Fort Polk; Camp Casey, Korea; Fort Huachuca and Vicenza, Italy.
CSM Judkins holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Maryland, University College. She is a graduate of all levels of the Noncommissioned Officer Education System, Garrison Leader Pre-Command Course, Command Sergeants Major Development Program (FO-BDE), Command Sergeants Major Course, Force Management Course (AFMS), Sergeant’s Major Course, Manpower and Force Management Course, Battle Staff Course, and Airborne School.
Her awards include Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal (1 Oak Leaf Cluster), Defense Meritorious Service Medal (1OLC), Meritorious Service Medal (3OLC), Army Commendation Medal (4OLC), Joint Service Achievement Medal, Army Achievement Medal (11OLC), Joint Meritorious Unit Award (Permanent Award), Valorous Unit Award (Permanent Award), Meritorious Unit Citation ((1OLC) Permanent Award), Army Good Conduct Medal (9th Award), National Defense Service Medal (1BSS), Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal (2BSS), Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal , Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Service Medal, Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon (Numeral 4), Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon (Numeral 3), Nato Medal (1BSS), Parachutists Badge, Driver/Mechanics Badge, and the Order of Saint Michael.