Thomas J. Schoenbeck, Region Director, Central Region
Mr. Schoenbeck was selected to the Senior Executive Service in April 2008 and assumed his current position as the Region Director, Installation Management Command, Central Region in June 2013. As Director, he is responsible for management and execution of all installation management programs at active and reserve component US Army installations in 26 states ranging from Ohio to the West Coast. From April 2011 to June 2013, he was the Vice Director of the Army Staff/Director of Management of the Army Staff, Office of the Chief of Staff of the Army, Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, D.C.
• Nov 2009 – Mar 2011: Executive Director, DCG A&T, U.S. Forces Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq.
• Apr 2008 - Nov 2009: Director Enterprise Support, United States Southern Command, Miami, FL.
• Aug 2003 – Apr 2008: Deputy Chief of Staff, United States Southern Command, Miami, FL.
• May 2002 – Jul 2003: Chief of Staff, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, KY and Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• Aug 2000 – May 2002: Brigade Commander, 1st Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, KY.
• June 1998 – Jul 2000: Readiness Division Chief, J1, United States Central Command, MacDill, Air Force Base, FL.
• Jul 1997 – May 1998: Student, Air War College, Maxwell, Air Force Base, AL.
• Jul 1995 – Jun 1997: Battalion Commander, 1st Battalion 87th Infantry, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, NY.
• BS, Police Administration, Eastern Kentucky University, 1985
• Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS, 1990
• Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL, 1998
• National Securities Studies Program, George Washington University, Elliott School of International Affairs, 2008
• National Response Framework, Emergency Management Institute, 2008
AWARDS AND HONORS:
• Defense Superior Service Medal (2 awards)
• Army Legion of Merit
• Bronze Star
• Meritorious Service Medal (8 Awards)
• Joint Civilian Service Commendation Award
CSM Mark E. Moore
Command Sergeant Major Mark E. Moore is a native of Lakeland, Florida. He enlisted into the Infantry in 1990. CSM Moore is a graduate of the Primary Leadership Development Course, Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course, Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course, and the Sergeants Major Academy. CSM Moore holds two Associate Degrees, one from Excelsior College in Administrative Management and one from Troy University in Business Administration. He has a Baccalaureate Degree in Business Management with Troy University.
His past unit assignments include Rifleman in Delta Company, 4th Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment in Germany; Team Leader in Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 52nd Infantry Regiment at Fort Irwin, California; M2A2 Gunner and Squad Leader in Charlie Company, 3rd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Stewart, GA; Senior Drill Sergeant at Alpha Company, 1st Battalion, 50th Infantry Regiment, Infantry Training Brigade at Fort Benning, GA; Platoon Sergeant at Alpha Company, 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, Fort Benning, GA; First Sergeant at Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division at Camp Hovey, Korea; First Sergeant of Alpha Company and Headquarters Company of 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, Fort Benning, GA; Operations Sergeant Major of 2nd Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division at Camp Casey, Korea; Operations Sergeant Major for 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, Fort Benning, GA. Command Sergeant Major of 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd BCT, 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Benning, and Garrison CSM, USAG, Fort Benning.
His deployment experience includes Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm while serving with Delta Company, 4th Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment in Germany; Operation Iraqi Freedom I and Operation Iraqi Freedom V and Operation Iraqi VII, while serving with 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd BCT, 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Benning, GA.
CSM Moore's awards and decorations include the Bronze Star Medal (with Valor Device), the Bronze Star Medal (service) w/oak leaf cluster, the Meritorious Service Medal with four Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Commendation Medal with eight Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Achievement Medal with nine Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Good Conduct Medal (5th Award), the NCO Professional Development Ribbon with numeral 4, the National Defense Service Medal with bronze star, the Overseas Service Ribbon, the Korean Defense Service Medal (with bronze star), the Army Service Ribbon, the Global War on Terror Expeditionary and Service Medals, the Iraqi Campaign Medal, the Kuwaiti Liberation Medal (both Kuwaiti and Southwest Asia), the Southwest Asia Service Medal, the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, the Valorous and Presidential Unit Award, the Combat Infantryman's Badge (2nd Award), the Expert Infantryman's Badge and the Drill Sergeant Identification Badge, Basic Parachutist Badge, and the Ranger Tab. CSM Moore is also a member of the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club.