The Public-Private Venture Program
The U.S. Army partners with industry through Public-Private Ventures (PPV) which consist of contractual agreements between a Department of Defense (DoD) Non-appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI) and a non-Federal entity. Under this arrangement, the non-Federal entity provides the expertise, a portion or all financing, design, construction, equipment, staffing and operation of a program for goods, services, or facilities for authorized patrons.
- No construction costs to the Army – Non-appropriated funds pay for the land fair market value (FMV) appraisal conducted by U.S. Corps of Engineers (USACE), and the Contractor pays for the Land Lease up front and annually.
- No maintenance costs to the Army on the land or facility - developer is responsible for all facility and site repairs/upkeep.
- Installation Management Command, (IMCOM, formerly Family Morale Welfare and Recreation Command), G-9 staff:
Assists Installation in developing submittal package
Issues Request for Proposal (RFP) and conducts site visit
Negotiates, develops and administers the contract
Works with USACE on Report of Availability (ROA), Determination of Availability (DOA), and Lease documents
Obtains all necessary approvals from Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), and Congress
• PPV Process - Quick Guide
• PPV Regulatory Framework
• Samples of PPV Package Documents
• PPV Process Flowchart
For additional information, please contact IMCOM NAF Contracting at (210) 466-1300 or by e-mail at: IMCOM.G9.NC.PPV@us.army.mil